In the relatively short history of professional car racing, several names and personalities cannot be forgotten for they helped in shaping and popularizing the motor sport. Whether you are a true-blue racing fan or not, or whether you own a stock car or a car with the best rims on it, it is hard to miss the names of these famous and successful drivers as they are celebrities in their own right.
It should be mentioned that there are many big names in the sport of car racing and to pick the most successful ones is rather a meticulous and daunting task. However, in order to introduce casual fans to the big names in the sport, let us try to put the spotlight on some drivers who are widely considered to be visionaries of the sport.
5. Jackie Stewart – Widely known by his moniker “Flying Scot”, Jackie Stewart is a former British Formula One race car driver who has three World Drivers’ Championships under this belt. The native of Scotland has competed in Formula One between 1965 and 1973. Because of his aggressive but accurate driving techniques and the way he popularized the sport during his career, he is dubbed by motoring journalists as one of the greatest professional drivers of all time. In fact, in 2009, he Stewart was ranked fifth of the fifty greatest Formula One drivers of all time.
4. Ayrton Senna – A champion Formula One driver who went too soon is Ayrton Senna. The Brazilian racing driver had won three Formula One world championships before he was killed in a tragic accident just before the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix. Before his death, Senna was highly regarded as one of the most dominant and accomplished Formula One drivers of the modern era.
3. Alain Prost – French racing driver Alain Prost has marvelous accomplishments under his name, including being a four-time Formula One Drivers’ Champion, sharing the feat with other racing big names like Sebastian Vettel, and only being surpassed by racing greats like Juan Manuel Fangio, and Michael Schumacher. Prost started his passion for racing at the young age of 14 when he discovered karting.
2. Juan Manuel Fangio – With five Formula One championships under his name, Argentinian Juan Manuel Fangio is undeniably one of the greatest in the world of car racing. Nicknamed “El Chueco” (bandy legged), Fangio is one of the pioneers of Formula One racing. During the height of his career, he dominated the first decade of Formula One by bagging the World Championship of Drivers five times – a feat only to be surpassed after 46 years.
1. Michael Schumacher – Michael Schumacher is undeniably the greatest Formula One driver of all time. The German driver placed Formula One into mainstream media, thanks to his almost incredible talents and driving skills. He is the only Formula One driver to win the championship seven times, a feat to that still stands until today. Aside from being a seven-time world champion, Schumacher has other racing records like most race victories, fastest laps, pole positions, and most races won in one season, which he achieved in 2004.
These drivers are undeniably influential not only in the world of motor sports but also to car enthusiasts. Because of the popularity of car racing, many car owners have become passionate about customizing their cars.
If you own a 4×4 vehicle in Dubai and you want to ensure that your car is in perfect shape or you have intentions to modify it, then visiting Range Rover service center in Dubai should be one of your priorities. There are many top quality repair centers in Dubai that cater to 4×4 car owners like you.
Your Range Rover is a one-of-a-kind machine and it only deserves the best care. Visit a dependable Range Rover service center in Dubai regularly to ensure that your car performs the best just like those machines you see you on the F1 race tracks.